Jason

Jason
Innovate your life!

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanks.

It’s been a bit since I’ve been on and I apologize to anyone who might have been wondering where the heck I went.  I think in my last post I mentioned how I was working hard to keep up to the exciting orders that were wonderfully coming in.  It was great trying to keep up, and I’m not sure I did an entirely perfect job at it since my posting suffered a bit.
But, alas, I am back after having learned a truly valuable lesson - the importance of communication.  I learned that no matter how busy this life gets, it’s important to stop, take a moment from the hussle and check in with your friends and family – which thankfully now includes you. 
So what’s going on?  Well, this was an amazingly meaningful holiday (Thanksgiving) to have experienced.  Funny how in the past I was always so caught up in the excitement over the food and how stuffed I would make myself by night’s end that I somehow may have missed a point.  This year was a bit different. 
I decided to live up to the name of the day and stuff myself rather with appreciation… for everything… and everyone I’ve had the privilege to know and get to know in my life.  And of course, that still includes you!
Thank you, thank you, and thank you.
I’d like to be clear here that I’m not referring directly, though I feel great gratitude for it as well, to your purchasing our products.  That is wonderful and a very kind gesture and I really enjoy knowing that there is interest in this aspect of our lives. 
But I’m talking about something a little deeper (which I believe is where I will be dipping from now on in these posts – another little something I’d learned from this epiphany).  I guess I’m referring to a new connection I feel with you all - which I’m thankful for.  Superficially, you know about me, just a little bit from my brief cameo in Season 1, my relation with John and maybe a bit more from what I’ve written in some posts, here.  But how can you really know someone with such limited information.  In reality, we don’t… or do we?
Sometimes, even without knowing, we do… intuitively.  
We’re all a lot more alike than we think.  We are, after all, people.  We’re much more similar than different.  We all have struggles and we all have loves.  Sometimes I wonder if the struggling is really about that ever search for that love.  I’m not only referring to romantic love, which is the most obvious form, but the more pervasive, subtle love and acceptance we all crave to feel – for others and even for ourselves. 
Now, for entertainment purposes, some of John’s and my challenges are televised.  Interesting situation to be in.  And it’s a good thing.  I am so thankful for the opportunity to reach out to you in this special way.  It’s all about feeling connected.  Sometimes we don’t.  Sometimes we do.  Now I feel it.  The show may have been one of the tools for that, but I feel this desire to reach out has been growing in me even prior.  And for that I am ever thankful. 
So, thank you for reading and making an effort to connect to me.  Through the holidays, try and connect a little bit further with friends and family.  You may already know this, as I discovered on Thursday, that you’ll start appreciating the day, each other, and yourself all the more for it.   
I’ll explore this more in future posts, but more importantly, I’ll stay in contact more often… because it makes me happy.  I hope it does the same for you.  Thanks again.

11 comments:

  1. Jason--this was possibly your best blog. Thank you so much for letting us into your life. I'll admit that at first I too only wanted to know you because of your appearance on the show. Since that time I feel that I haven't only met a reality celebrity, but that I've gained a friend. This is true for everyone on the show as well. Hope you and John had a lovely Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again, Amy, you've supported us in a big way. There has been a lot of variation in my previous blogging. I guess I felt a little lost. Then, I wrote this last one but did it from the bottom of my heart. I felt a little vulnerable, but it felt really right. Thank you for recognizing that and more importantly, seeing that we are friends. Guess it doesn't matter how we all connect, just as long as we do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I fall in friendship for a person it is for the person they are. I fell for you and John when I first "meet" you both on the show. You are such real people and are kind and caring, and it shows when you are together and to others. Please consider being my friend too. I will watch you both from my living room for now but, you will always be in my heart...Looking forward to making a visit to Sharon Sp. and my doors open to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To late Kathy... we already are friends. :)
    Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write what you did. It was very special to me and I hope sincerely to meet you one day. (I just read what you wrote to John.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope what I said to John about the CAE testing didn't make him upset with me. I just wanted to help spare him unneeded work. I know he loves his babies like I do. I just try to pass on what I've learned. After 10yrs of goating, we learn SO much, and yet never enough. Life too. Your Polka Spots are so cute. Are there goats in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so sweet, Kathy and thoughtful of you. Everything is fine. You need not worry. We really appreciate and value your input.
    Thanks regarding the Pokey sculptures too. It's funny, I hadn't thought about making goat sculptures in awhile, until just recently. It makes sense, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let the first one be colored like Happy to her Memory. I would love ones that look that your goats. I find all the reindeers at christmas(the wire ones) and turn them into goats. I use them as the armature. Will have to get pics to show ya. If I get them finished.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I, personally, love you guys, not because of the show, but because of the great life you lead and the fact that you're all so nice and giving of your lives.

    It's great to connect with others who don't live near you but who are nice to one another, just because. It really gives me so much hope in human kind.

    I wish you guys the best in life and business.

    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  10. Teri, what you said was very powerful. "It really gives me so much hope in human kind." You're right. That statement has nothing to do with a TV show. It's about a very important wish that most (I actually believe ALL of us) are looking for evidence of - anywhere we can find it. It could be in a conversation with a friend, an experience on a trip, and, yes, I guess even in a clip of a tv show. Ha. Seems funny but I guess it's true!
    Hope is a powerful thing, though. I think it's a feeling that senses that the future will be better. Maybe even incredibly better. Let's keep that hope alive. I believe in it. Really.
    Thanks for writing.

    ReplyDelete