Jason

Jason
Innovate your life!

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Working on our website's first Art Product...

Well, it's about 5:45 am (yes, farmers do get up early) on a Sunday (yikes).  Today, I woke up a little earlier (about 4:30) out of excitement over this website.  We've received a good response already and it's charged me up. 

But the website is still missing a big component - the Store.  That is my next project.  I'd like to have it up and running this week, but in order to accomplish that... I need inventory.  That means I've gotta stop blogging and start sculpting. 

This is my first project!  It is going to be a "3D Custom Sculpted Photo Frame" for a particular picture I'd taken of Poke-A-Spots and the goats outside the back of the barn. 

This is what the photo looks like:

I particularly liked the soft hues of the sky against the barn, but mostly felt it was a striking shot of Pokey guarding her herd.  It almost seemed like the goats were nervously looking out from the security of the barn, waiting for the "coast was clear" signal from our popular llama (who by the way, has her own Facebook page). 

It's a nice image on it's own, but I have other plans for it.

So I enlarged the photo and had it professionally printed and mounted on backing, behind glass.  Now, it's ready for the next step - the sculpting of the frame over top of the matte to match and extend the photo.


Not sure what I mean?  Don't worry.  I'll show you as I progress with the project.

This process is one of my "inventions" and will be the first of a product line I'll be creating for this website.  I have an example of a finished "3D Custom Sculpted Photo Frame" that I will post in my next entry.  

Till then, I'll be working hard at this and the "Store" page.  Wish me luck! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jason - This sounds like an intriguing project and I can't wait to see the finished product. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy. Next time I post, I'll display a photo of the first 3D Photo Frame I made of my father.

    ReplyDelete