Jason

Jason
Innovate your life!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Art on a misty morning at the Beekman.

Last night, I stayed up watching Disney's Wall-E through the corner of my eye while painting my first goat portrait on a glass vase I'd purchased.  I love playing imaginative movies in the background while I'm working on projects.  Well, that or 80's music - which I do right now.  Both keep my creative vigor rolling. 

I'm pretty pleased with how the vase turned out for a first attempt, especially after John exclaimed, "It looks just like her!"  (Her being Chrissy - one of his girls.)  My heart did a victory leap.  This was what I was hoping for.  (I should have a "Farmer John Approved" label on the packaging of each project that passes.)

Take a look:

John suggested I add her name to the vase too.  I thought that was a good idea.  These glass object paintings will be one-of-a-kind products meaning they won't be mass produced.  They're just individually made and signed.

My other current project, the 3D Custom Frame and Photo, is coming along, too.  It'll take a bit longer though.  In fact, I needed to get a few additional reference photos out in the pasture this morning after I'd finished my chores with John.  And, wow, was it a beautiful misty morning! Just look:




Meanwhile, I've added some of the sculpted elements (the goat in the forefront and the start of the hay pile on the bottom) in Super Sculpey.  Once it's finished (it'll be a day or two), I'll bake the completed sculpture, make a mold of it prior to painting and then cast it.  Not sure what material to use yet though for casting.  I've got a few options.

This project is still in the early stages and you won't see the aluminum foil when it's complete:

And we're still developing the storefront.  I hope (and don't quote me here) that it could be up sometime this weekend.  That would be nice, but we still have a few hoops to jump through.  Also, can't have a store without inventory!  SO... I'd better get back to work!

Thanks for reading!


 

4 comments:

  1. The vase is beautiful, Jason. Can't wait to see the 3d picture.


    teri tighe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Teri. I'm working hard at completing the 3D Photo Frame. Hopefully by this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vase is really beautiful, you are a truly talented artist.
    LOL - LOVE the Farmer John Approved stamp idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. John just might order the stamp himself. lol

    ReplyDelete